(Redirected from ABRAHADABRA)
Abrahadabra is a word that appears in The Book of the Law, and is described by Aleister Crowley as the "Word of the Aeon" and that it “represents the Great Work complete, and it is therefore an archetype of all lesser magical operations” (Crowley, 1997). It is not to be confused with the Word of the Law of the Aeon, which is Thelema.
Abrahadabra is also referred to as the Word of Double Power. More specifically, it represents the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm—represented by the pentagram and the hexagram, the rose and the cross, the circle and the square, the 5 and the 6, etc.—also called the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of one's Holy Guardian Angel. In Commentaries (1996), Crowley says that the word is a symbol of the “establishment of the pillar or phallus of the Macrocosm...in the void of the Microcosm.” The sexual analogy here is obvious.
|Table of contents|
- ABRAHADABRA = 418
- ABRAHADABRA has 11 letters
- ABRAHADABRA = 1+2+2+1+5+1+4+1+2+2+1 = 22
- The five letters in the word are: A, the Crown; B, the Wand; D, the Cup; H, the Sword; R, the Rosy Cross; and refer further to Amoun the Father, Thoth His messenger, and Isis, Horus, Osiris, the divine-human triad.
- Also 418 = ATh IAV, the Essence of IAO
- 418= BVLShKIN, or Boleskine
- 418= RA HVVR, or Ra Hoor
- 418= ∑(13-31)
Quotes from Liber Legis
- "Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra Hoor Khut." (AL III:1)
- "This book shall be translated into all tongues: but always with the original in the writing of the Beast; for in the chance shape of the letters and their position to one another: in these are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him not seek to try: but one cometh after him, whence I say not, who shall discover the Key of it all. Then this line drawn is a key: then this circle squared in its failure is a key also. And Abrahadabra. It shall be his child & that strangely. Let him not seek after this; for thereby alone can he fall from it." (AL III:47)
- "The ending of the words is the Word Abrahadabra." (AL III:75)
Contemporary Research on Abrahadabra (links)
-  (http://www.abrahadabra.com) Abrahadabra Foundation (an alchemical perspective on Abrahadabra).
-  (http://www.horusmaat.com/silverstar/SILVERSTAR2-PG28.htm)"The Abrahadabra Key". An essay by Ibisis.
-  (http://www.hermetic.com/stavish/essays/abrahadabra.html#_ftn2) "Abrahadabra; some thoughts on the word". An essay by Mark Stavish.
- Crowley, Aleister. (1997). Magick: Book 4. York Beach, Me. : S. Weiser.
- Crowley, Aleister. (1996). Commentaries on the Holy Books and Other Papers : the Equinox,IV(1). York Beach, Me. : S. Weiser.
- Crowley, Aleister. (1982). 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings. York Beach, Me. : S. Weiser.